05 June 2012

Indian Love Affair

The first few days back in England and I was glad to be home. 

I adjusted quickly to the cool weather, the amount of flesh on display and the quietness.

Two years later and I'm desperate to go back, if you had spoken to me then. You would have received a different answer. I came back feeling disappointed, disgusted and disillusioned. India to me then was a beautiful country, but there were issues that left me with a negative feeling about going back.

With time these feelings have faded. A wish to go back and experience everything from before and more is slowly growing, I watch programmes and films that are set in India and my memories glow with a rose tinted edge. A friend once said "You don't know the real India, if you did you wouldn't want to go back. Its a disgusting place where poverty is obvious. the electricity cuts out when you're trying to do your hair." The last half of that sentence is of no concern to me really, I still don't own hair straighteners and never wish to. The first half however, I want to be to say yes, yes I have, I've seen it and India is beautiful because of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment